The BD BioCoat Angiogenesis System: Endothelial Cell Migration provides endothelial cells with conditions that allow assessment of their migratory property in vitro. By combining the fluorescence blocking capabilities of the BD Falcon™ FluoroBlok™ membrane with the benefits of an extracellular matrix, the process of screening for endothelial cell migration has been optimized. It is composed of a BD Falcon 24- or 96-Multiwell Insert Plate containing a fluorescence blocking, microporous (3.0 µm pore size) PET membrane that has been evenly coated with Human Fibronectin. The concentration of Human Fibronectin is optimized to provide a suitable protein structure for adherent cells to attach to the membrane, and migrate freely in response to an angiogenic stimulus in the lower chamber of the insert plate.
Quantitation of cell migration is achieved by pre- or post-labeling cells with a fluorescent dye then measuring the fluorescence of migrating cells in a fluorescent plate reader. The fluorescent signal from the migrated cells can be directly correlated to cell number.
Includes: A BD Falcon 24- or 96-Multiwell insert plate containing a fluorescence blocking, microporous polyethylene terephthalate (PET) membrane evenly coated with human fibronectin, an untreated receiver plate, and a lid.
• Provides a standard format to increase the quality and reproducibility of in vitro endothelial cell migration assays
• Combines the fluorescence blocking capabilities of the BD Falcon FluoroBlok membrane with the benefits of an extracellular matrix protein
• Provides a predictive in vitro model for screening pro- and anti-angiogenic agents
• Eliminates tedious manual cell scraping and counting
• Automation compatible
• Stable for at least three months when stored at -20°C